Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mothers Day


Grandma Villa
at our annual Mothers's Day Brunch


We had a weekend full of festivities plus Ava was getting sick. So it was a long draining weekend. I took Ava to the doctor on Monday for her cough. The doctor noticed wheezing and put her on an inhaler. After listening to her breathing she checked her ears and throat. She noticed her throat was a little red so decided to swab for strep….and what do you know. Ava tested positive for the 3rd time. Both the doctor & I were in disbelief. She thinks Ava might be a carrier of the virus so wants us to come back in 2 weeks when Ava is healthy. We will swab for strep then & send off to the lab for testing.

The doctor assured me this isn't anything to be over worried about. Ryan or I must be a carrier & have passed it down to Ava (I bet it is me. I had strep a couple times in high school & the last time was about 4 years ago). Just like some people are carriers of staph, there are carriers of strep. Carriers have strep in their throats, but the bacteria does not make them sick. They just need to be treated differently when symptoms occur.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment