Thursday, January 3, 2013

2yr Check Up

Sunday we went back home and back to reality. Most the day was spent taking down the Christmas decorations, putting Ava's new toys together and trying to get Ava back on a normal sleeping schedule.
Monday Ava had her 2 year check up. All went well and she was actually very good. No crying and screaming when they called us back. Only when her doctor started checking her out and when she got her shot. Then she started crying for her "daddy".

Stats:
Height: 34.75" (75.49%)
Weight 30lbs. 7oz (88.23%)

Its crazy how fast these 2 years have flown by. Ava amazes me every day and even more now that she is speaking so well. There are so many new things she is saying and doing now. I just love her so much. She has been such a blessing to our family. I cant help but smother her with hugs and kisses

Things I want to remember:

Ava screaming Help! Help!
She love piggy back rides on dad
She loves for me to pretend she is a baby. She will even let me wrap her up and she'll say wah! wah!
Her favorite game now is to race us in the house. She will push the stroller/baby and we push the grocery cart with teddy in it.
We will say Ready - Set - and she says Go
She will tell you if something is Big or Little
She will tell you if something is Cold or Hot
She will tell you the color of something (she is wrong sometimes)
Great at telling mommy/daddy to "do this", "get that" or "I want"
Her favorite toys right now (after all the great toys she received for her birthday and Christmas) is a yellow toy car from Sonic and of course her Big Truck (but its too cold to ride it).
Her 2nd favorite toy in her cupcake kitchen
Her favorite book for me to read before bedtime is The Wheels on the Bus
She'll try to whistle like I do when I call the dogs in. Cracks me up
When we put the dogs in the kennel, she'll say they are in trouble
When she doesn't know where someone is, she'll say they are at work
If we are traveling, it is a must to have the DVD player. She will watch Dora over and over and over
She finally has started to watch movies. She has sat through Lion King and Ice Age
She will ONLY wear her Hello Kitty shoes (and this girl has a ton of cute shoes)
She still takes her pacy (aka her baby)  but only at home with us....hmmm. I tell Ryan he is the enabler
Lately after I put her down for bed she will stand up in her crib and yell for me. When I go in she will say, "I want milk". It worked the 1st 2 nights but this mama put a stop to that. I'm positive she was using that as an excuse to stay up a little long.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment