Monday, July 28, 2014

1st Day Back at Work & 1st Day for Nathan at Daycare


 
We made it through the 1st day!!!
My morning started at 4:45. I had an hour to get ready and prep for the day (make bottles, breakfast, etc.). I woke Nathan up at 5:45. I felt so bad waking him up so early, but I wanted to feed him and get him dressed. I was finished with him about 6 and woke up Ava next. Luckily she woke up in a good mood. I got Ava dress and ready for breakfast. By this time Ryan was showered and took over kid duty. I kissed everyone good bye and was out the door. I thought I was going to hit traffic, but I made great time to work only because it summer time. Once at work the day flew by. I enjoyed being back and seeing all my co-workers. I was also informed my role would change from Business Improvement Analyst to Master Data Team Lead (this is my 5th role change with COP). I’m excited for my new responsibilities. I will be the lead for a small group of 3. I will manage all internal/external audit request, security roles, metrics for my BU, back up for the Dodd Frank Role and any small projects.  

Throughout the day I constantly checked on Nathan on the daycare cam. For the most part he rotated from activity center, bouncer, swing, floor mat and crib. Only once I could tell he was crying by the way he was moving his legs and arms. When I picked him up from daycare they said he was pretty good. He did cry, but it’s a given the 1st week any baby starts daycare. They are used to being held a lot (absolutely true for Nathan). They kept him on schedule with his feeds, but poor baby didn’t sleep that much. On the way home the knocked out and slept more when we got home. I was able to clean up the house a tad and prep for the kids the next day. After dinner it was bath and bed for Nathan. He was out by 7:30 and only woke up once about 3 for a 4oz feeding.  

I plan to help Ryan with morning duty. The traffic won’t be that bad for a few weeks so I can leave the house at 6:15 and get to work by 7, but once school is back in session Ryan will be solo in the mornings.



No comments:

Post a Comment