Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Evening with the kids

These two keep us busy!
The evenings seem to fly by. I run at least 3 days out of the week. I try my best to leave work on time to beat traffic and run 2-4 miles on the Cinco Ranch Trails before I pick up the kids. I like to get it over with now that the weather is some what nice/bearable before the summer heat. I know once its scorching hot outside at 4:30/5 I'll be running after 7 once Nathan is out for the night.
Once home from school I get dinner started, kids fed (Ryan shows up about this time), I take them outside to play or for a walk around the block in the wagon. Ryan usually cleans up the kitchen at this time. Then I have Nathan duty: bath, last sippy cup of milk and I rock him to bed. Ryan handles Ava bath routine. That gives me time to wipe down the kitchen and get everything ready for the next morning. Raising two kids is a tag team effort.
Lately Nathan has been obsessed with his balls. He will hold a ball in his hand from the moment we get home until I literally rock him to sleep and it falls out of his hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment