Friday, August 7, 2015

Mother Daughter Date

Ava and I enjoyed our 1st "successful" Mother Daughter Date (as in not rushing through, bribing her with candy/cell phone game, etc. and enjoying each others company). Usually she won't last through a full mani and pedi so we don't even attempt dinner afterwards. Well times are changing and this Big Girl did it!
I picked her up from daycare (Ryan had Nathan duty). We went to our nail salon where Ava wanted to sit in the kid area and not by her mom. I still asked for a chair where I could see her. As I sat there enjoying my mani and pedi (and a glass of wine) I couldn't help but smile every time I saw my Big Girl enjoying herself. She let the lady massage her arms/legs and even sat long enough to get a design on her fingers/toes. So afterwards we went for sushi...well Ava had chicken nuggets. 
I just love this girl! I'm looking forward to many more dates with her. 



No comments:

Post a Comment