Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Another GREAT doctor appointment!

Baby Nixon
(with her legs bent & her arms by her face)
She did a flip
(this is her facing down. clear picture of her spine & little ear)

Today was a GREAT day! I wasn't going to let this crappy weather ruin it. I woke up knowing I would get to see my little girl. We had an ultrasound & doctor appointment.

First was the ultrasound....and boy has she grown! The tech said she is now 1lb. She was just a moving in there, twisting, and turning. The tech was having a difficult time getting her measurements & good photos.

Then I went to see the doctor (Ryan went back to work). It was short like always. Dr. Schmidt always walks in with a big smile and says everything looks good (ah...such a good feeling). Then I proceed with my list of questions. This time I asked about inducing (yep - she does), episiotomy (yep - she does), when is the best time to schedule the 3D ultrasound (between 28-32 weeks). Then I informed her that I get 8 weeks paid leave from work (no problem), that we already took the hospital tour, & registered with the hospital. This appointment she also measured my bump (I didn't get the measurement, guess I was talking to much). Our next appointment is scheduled for October 5th to have my glucose screening and regular check up.

Mama stats:
How far along?: 21 weeks 3 days
Weight gained: 11lbs
Sleep: Great...only getting up once or twice
Maternity clothes: oh yes! Sucked it up and bought some maternity work slacks. I still fit in my normal work slacks with the belly band, but maternity slacks are so much more comfortable.
Movement: I'm noticing her more & more. She is active in the morning when I'm getting ready & on my ride home from work.
Gender: ultra sound #2 confirming a girl. So its official, I can paint her room pink
Belly button in or out?: in ;)
What I miss: wearing all my cute clothes that I can no longer fit in (or at least fit in & look cute)
Cravings/favorite foods: still love chocolate milk/cinnamon crisp cereal
Milestones: took the required hospital tour, registered with the hospital, & completed our baby registry
Best moment this week: seeing our little girl at the ultrasound
Looking forward to: finally getting started on her room

No comments:

Post a Comment