Friday, April 15, 2011

Sweet Ava Memories

Its so hard to describe how in love I am with our sweet Ava. I can't wait to get off of work to pick her up from daycare, the weekends can't get here fast enough so I can spend every minute with her, I don’t even mind that she still gets up once a night, I find myself always shopping for her & can't even remember the last time I splurged on me. She is so freaking cute at this age (and I know is just gets better).

Sweet Ava Memories:



  • In the mornings I will wake her up & she will stretch her little legs & arms out, wiggle around, then focus, and see me & give a big gummy smile.

  • If she wakes up on her own in the morning & I still need more time to get ready, I will put her in bed with Ryan & she will just babble away to him.

  • At daycare they call her "cheeks" & "angel"

  • When we get home from daycare I will ask Ava how her day at school was. She will just babble & go on & on.

  • She plays so well on her play mat. We will say "kick those legs, kick those legs" and she starts moving around faster. Sometimes she will even put herself to sleep.

  • When she gets hungry she will bob her head against our shoulder.

  • When she needs a nap she will get whinny. I either rock her on the glider, and she will lay her head on my shoulder/her arms around my neck, or I sit down with my legs bent on the chase and I rock her back & forth on my legs.

  • She loves bath time. I swear when I lay her down to undress her she has this look of relaxation. Once in the tub she just lays back & enjoys. I will talk to her & she will give me big gummy smiles. When bath is over, I massage her with lotion & she will babble a little more. But take too long and she starts to get feisty because she knows that bottle is next.

  • Once she is dressed for bed time, I get situated on the glider with her. Ryan will follow me in, give her a kiss on the forehead, tell her good night, turn on the night light, & turn off the lamp. I love to rocker her to sleep. She will drink her bottle & doze off. Sometimes she will wiggle around & want me to put her down. So I do & give her the pacifier & she will fall asleep. Other nights (and my favorite) are the ones she dozes off in my arms & I rock her for a couples minutes longer.

I just can't image life without my sweet Ava.

No comments:

Post a Comment