Thursday, July 7, 2011

Ava's 1st vacay

Ava's 6month bday


We take an annual family vacation the week before the 4th of July to New Braunfels. I look forward to it every year & I hope Ava will too. We always do a variety of activities in the area. This year was a little more low key for me since I had Ava, but it was still so much fun. One day we visited a local winery. Next day we spent in Austin. Toured the capitol, UT campus, dinner & drinks, then boarded a boat to view the bats at sun set (The Congress Avenue Bridge is the home of the largest urban bat colony in North America.). Ava feel asleep before the bats came out, but she enjoyed the boat ride on Highland Lake. The following day we went to Gruene & Canyon Lake. The rest of the week Ava & I enjoyed the house pool while other family members floated the river.




We had such a great time! Ava was spoiled all week by her Mimi, god mom (Mary), & cousins Christine & Alayna. Her schedule was way off. Poor little thing even slept for 12hours some nights. I think it was a combination of being on the go all day & playing in the pool. Ava was such a good baby! She really enjoyed the pool (she told grandpa it was on her Christmas List..ha!). She also had her 1st experience in a swing. She loved it! At 1st she was little wobbly, but she caught on & held on.



Now I cant wait to take her back next year! I can see it now…..Ryan & I chasing her the entire time.

No comments:

Post a Comment