Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Teacher/Parent Conference


I had a Teacher/Parent conference yesterday with Ms.Catherine. She informed me on Ava’s progress and an insight into her personality at school. First we reviewed a questionnaire based on Social/Emotional, Cognitive & Language, Fine Motor, and Gross Motor Skills that Ms. Catherine used to assess Ava. There was no Pass or Fall, just Always, Sometimes or Never to a few questions. Based on this she is right on target for her age. I was really happy to see Never listed by says “Mine” or “No”. Then we reviewed Ava’s quiz on shapes and colors. She did really well on both these when you point and phase the question “What shape/color is this” but when the question is phased “Where is shape/color” she didn’t get all them correct. I was shocked she answered and was correct when asked What is and Where is the Octagon.   

I was really surprised when Ms. Catherine told me Ava was so quite & soft spoken in class. Ava is the complete opposite at home and around her family. I guess this is a good thing and our little girl is well behaved when she needs to be. She interacts with all the kids very well and favors Emerson. She follows direction and listens when needed. They will continue to work on her potty training. As do I in the upcoming months because Ava will move up to the 3 year old class in August and you must be potty trained.

My baby is growing up so fast (sad face).

No comments:

Post a Comment