Thursday, March 20, 2014

New with Ava

Where does she get this…..
When she says something mean I remind her “no one likes mean girls” or “cute little girls don’t say stuff like that”.

Don’t you say that to me
You are not going to be my friend
I’m not going to play with you
You are a mean mom/dad, then says we need to go to the “thinking corner”
Boring (when a game on the iPad is no longer fun)
Awkward – no clue where she picked this up but she seems to say it at the right time

She has a crazy imagination….
She will talk for Ted. Like hold him up, try to disguise her voice and say something for Ted. For example: “I want a treat”.
She will put all her squeakies (aka stuffed animals) in Nate’s swing and request we be quiet because she put them all to sleep.
After a bath when the water is going down the drain and makes a noise, she will say it’s the “drain monster”.
She wants to go to the pet store to buy a jaguar like Diego.
She has called my belly a "Beachball"

Also new…..
No more sleeping with a pull up
After dinner she washes her hands all by herself in the restroom
She picks up on Ryan’s silly songs so fast. For example: he sang Vanilla Ice’s – Ice Ice Baby followed by ding, ding, ding, da, da, ding ding  and now she says in all-the-time
She will make up her own versions to books and every time she is finished say “The End”
We have become more structured with playtime. She can only play with 1 bucket of toys (she has a dinosaur, horse, Barbie, mark-up and food bucket) at a time then has to clean them up before getting the next one out. This has worked out great!! No more huge mess.
She says “I love you” all the time. It is just so sweet. She has told me, Ryan, Mimi and Gramps.
If she and I or Ryan and her are having a good time together she will say, “You are my best friend”

No comments:

Post a Comment