Saturday, April 9, 2016

Nathan's 1st case of Strep


The day before Nathan turned 2 I get a call from his school that he had a blow out. If he has 2 more they will need me to pick him up. Well 30 minutes later it was lunch AND Chick fil A day. Nathan LOVES Chick fil A day. When they noticed him not eating his teacher knew something was wrong so took his temperature. It was 101.6. So I get another call to pick him up.
Once I got there he was passed out and his cheeks were bright red. I thought this was very strange since he was fine the day before and Ryan said he was fine that morning and even had kolaches. I took him to Kids Urgent Care where he tested positive for Strep. My 1st thought was  the weekend will be rough. When Ava used to get Strep she was out for the count. Didn't eat, hard to please, a grouch, and only wanted me. Boy was I wrong! I gave Nathan Tylenol he took a nap and woke up ready to play. We started his antibiotic that evening. Strep didn't phase this kid. However, he ran a low fever Saturday morning, but he was eating again.

No comments:

Post a Comment