Wednesday, December 15, 2010

weekly check ups



Oh Ava…..pregnancy was so easy with you all the way up until the end when you decided not to cooperate & turn head down (stressing mommy out). Your dad says you are going to be hard headed & do things your way just like your mama.


Yesterday I went to the doctor for the 1st of my weekly visits. Everything was normal, but this time I had a cervical exam. Not to my surprise, or the doctor, Ava is still breech and pretty high. The doctor said it doesn’t look like she is going to budge anytime soon. So I'm scheduled for one more ultra sound on Monday 12/20 to check Ava's size, position, & amniotic fluid. Based on that information we will schedule a cesarean birth. When I asked the doc what time frame she was thinking, she said between 38 & 39 weeks. Ahhhhh!!!!!! So I could be a mommy the 1st week in January.

I left the office and didn’t know if I should cry or be happy. Cry because I will not experience labor/delivery & physically bringing Ava into this world (I think that is a major accomplishment for women). Not to mention the major surgery I will go through & the healing process. Happy because I get to meet Ava sooner & get to schedule everything around her BIG day. But once I called Ryan he put everything into perspective. When I told him how I felt…and on the verge of crying, his 1st comment was "she is healthy". Which is true based on everything so far. So I will just suck it up, all I want is what is best for Ava & I. If it’s a cesarean birth so be it ;).

Mom & Ava Stats:

Weight: 24 lbs
Bpm: 152

No comments:

Post a Comment