Monday, June 20, 2011

No tears

This past weekend (extended weekend Thurs – Sun) was our 1st time away from our sweet Ava. We went to the river with college friends. Mimi & gramps watched her, so I know she was in great hands. I couldn’t wait to get back home on Sunday. I woke Ryan up early & even drove back home just to get there fast. I wanted to be unpacked, pick up around the house, & get a little bit of groceries before mom & dad brought Ava home.
When they got to the house I met them in the front yard. I was so excited to see & squeeze Ava. I swear she looks longer & thinner. I think she was even happy to see us. She buried her little head in my shoulder & hugged me.
***Mom & dad even broke her habit of sleeping in the bed. They made her sleep in her pack n play. So last night I stayed strong & put her down in her crib. She slept there the whole night. Only woke up once and made a little noise looking for her pacifier.***

No comments:

Post a Comment