Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Perfect Night

…….it only took almost 6 months.

After dinner I read a very special book to Ava. It was a Dr. Seuss book that belonged to her grandma (Ryan's mom). It was given to Rebecca in 1964 for her 8th birthday & now belongs to our sweet Ava (Thanks to her Oklahoma Family, Uncle Press & Aunt Debbie). I think Ava really enjoyed it. She looked at all the pictures, but wanted to grab the book & stick it in her mouth. Once she started to get a little fussy & uninterested I knew it was bed time. I gave her a bottle & laid her in the crib still awake. I gave her the pacifier & patted her on the back then walked out of her room. After just a few minute she was out. It was only 7:30. So I had time to run & enjoy an evening with Ryan. I was worried she would wake up in the middle of the night, but nope - nothing. Ava slept through the whole night - not a peep. I didn’t get up once to give her the pacifier or pat her back to bed. Then I woke up to the sweet sounds of her on the monitor about 5:40. She was just babbling to herself & even gave me time to get ready for work. Ahhhh I feel so refreshed today!! I hope this continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment