Monday, November 5, 2012

Guess what my princess told me?!

….Shut up!! YES! I couldn’t believe it. Ryan & I were shocked. He wanted to laugh but kept it in. I told her that isn't nice to say & the next time she does she will go in time out. Well the rest of the evening she never did. Then the next morning she told Ryan while he was getting her dressed. Ryan put her in time out. Once they got to school he informed her teacher & told her how we were handling it at home to continue to do they same at school. Well then I get a call from the director who said she knew exactly where Ava could have heard that word. In the mornings all the kids eat breakfast together. She probably heard it from Michael an older kid who has been known to say that. She assured me she would monitor the situation. A couple days have passed now and Ava has only said it once or twice since.
So now Ryan and I are watching very closely what we say. Ava is a little sponge and repeating EVERYTHING. We even have to spell things out now (like "do you want to take her to the p-a-r-k", "its almost time for b-a-t-h", "I'm about to g-o" etc.) so she doesn’t know what we are talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment