Sunday, September 14, 2014

1st Ear Infection

We have our 1st ever ear infection between both kids. Ava has never had one.
Once we returned from vacation Nathan just wasn’t his self. He was still a very happy baby, but a little terd at times and couldn’t sleep well at night. I kept thinking it was teething, but Saturday  I just knew it was something else. Friday night was horrible. He would not go down easy. He would actually fall asleep with me holding him, but when I laid him down he would wake up shortly afterwards crying. This happened 3-4 times. Then I finally gave him tylenol. Saturday he was fine during the day just fussy so I thought he was tired from not sleeping well. That night it was the same thing. So I looked up symptoms of ear infection and he had 5 of the 7: cold symptoms, crying and irritability, trouble sleeping/lying flat, tugging at ear and loss of appetite. He did not have a fever or ear drainage.
Sunday morning I took him to an Urgent Kids Care Clinic and sure enough he had the start of an ear infection. The doctor said we caught it pretty early…..early? I don’t want to know what a full on ear infection is then. So he is on an antibiotic for 10 days and getting lots of extra loving

No comments:

Post a Comment