Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Short & Sweet doctor appointment

Today I had a doctors appointment (I was hoping an ultra sound too, but nope...next time). I was in & out. It took longer to wait for the doctor & lab tech then the actual appointment.

All went well! Everything is moving along just as it should. The nurse checked our baby's heart rate. It was 152. Then I briefly spoke with the doctor about my current concerns & questions. This time I asked about making a dental appointment (A OK), my weight gain (gaining steady & as needed), possibility of baby gender changing or if I was informed too early (baby gender is positively a girl/ultra sound tech had a good view of baby), & she reassured me the spotting scare was normal in some pregnancies.

Next I was sent to the lab to have some blood taken for more test to check for the following:
  • treatable health problems in the mother that can affect the baby's health
  • check for the chance that the baby has certain congenital, genetic, chromosomal problems, or any certain types of fetal abnormalities

My next scheduled appointment is Tuesday9/7. We will get another chance to see our baby girl! I cant wait!!! That is my favorite part about doctor visits. We also have a required Maternity Tour scheduled for Friday 9/3. Yes! I know super early, but that was the last Friday tour. Ryan refused to go on a Saturday & have it interfere with college football. Geez....my husband, hopefully this baby doesn't decide to come on a Saturday or Sunday in January @ the big games. haha! Anyhow, the maternity tour will show us the facility & birthing center.

No comments:

Post a Comment