Monday, November 8, 2010

Mama Update


How far along: 30 weeks 2 days
Weight gained: 16 lbs
Sleep: absolutely no problem here….Ryan says as soon as I hit the pillow I'm O-U-T.
Mood: GREAT! Realizing this baby will be here very soon. We have 7 weeks till she is full term & 10 weeks till her due date.
Energy level: pretty good for the most part. I do find myself getting tired after cleaning the house or after a long day of running errands/shopping.
Movement: oh yes. Some are little taps, then there are gently rubs, or every once in awhile Ava will give me a strong jab.
Belly button in or out: flat
Any signs of labor/3rd trimester symptoms: no signs of labor, just awful heartburn. I have never, ever experienced heartburn. Now I'm scared to eat something because I think it may cause heartburn
What I miss: wearing my wedding rings
Craving/favorite foods: chocolate milk! I cant get enough.
Milestones: I took a breastfeeding class last week. Funny story - I didn’t make or even ask Ryan to attend the class. I thought, really why does my husband need to go, why make him suffer through a 2 hour class learning about breastfeeding. Well….I guess I'm the only wife that thinks like that. Hahaha! I went to the class at the hospital & I was the ONLY single parent, until another single lady walked in by herself late. AND to top it off I wasn't wearing my wedding rings, so I felt like a knocked up baby mama in there with no hubby :(. It's pretty funny now! I was texting Ryan pretty upset & sad then (must have been the hormones), but it was my choice to not have him come with me. Anyhow, the class was GREAT! I learned many, many things about breastfeeding & now its up to me if I want to pursue it.
Best moment last week: Ryan & I had our marriage blessed & it is now recognized by the Catholic Church
Looking forward to: My last baby shower this weekend. It will be a GREAT time with family & friends. Then we have round 2 with the 3d ultra sound next Tuesday. I really hope Ava gives us a good shot of her.

1 comment: