Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The weeks are moving along...

(sorry for poor quality photo. taken on camera phone)

How far along: 31 weeks 2 days
Weight gained: 16 lbs (I feel like I have definitely gained more….we'll see at today's check up appointment)
Sleep: good for the most part, just have to find a position that is comfortable. I'm now sleeping with a pillow in-between my legs & I like to sleep propped up a bit on the pillows.
Mood: GREAT! I feel prepared for this baby. We have checked everything off our "baby to do" list & now plan to just ride out the holidays. I'm still nervous about the delivery. I just hate the unexpected.
Energy level: Good. I do walk much slower then I used to….I guess I do everything a bit slower then I used to.
Movement: yup. I wonder if she is head down. I feel a whole lot more activity in my lower abdomen.
Belly button in or out: flat
Any signs of labor/3rd trimester symptoms: just heartburn! I started to carry Tums in my purse.
What I miss: wearing my wedding rings
Craving/favorite foods: chocolate milk and now I like to snack on strawberry pop tarts
Milestones: We took a 1st time parent class at the hospital. It was very beneficial for Ryan & I since both of us have never been around babies or cared for a baby. We have received plenty of advice, but it was better to hear it from a registered nurse. Plus some things we have heard are old wives tale or to be honest, times have just changed. The most common word of advice I've heard is, "when its your own baby it just comes natural." Well, I just want to make sure once my mom leaves Ryan & I alone with Ava I didn’t freak out. Haha!
Now I know we both feel much better about becoming parents. We feel prepared. The next class I want to take is an infant CPR class. We may not get to it before she is here, but I want to definitely take it before she starts eating solid foods.
Best moment last week: My all girl baby shower! It's just what I needed. Girl time with my family & friends. We had a GREAT turn out & Ava got so many wonderful gifts.
Looking forward to: round 2 of our 3d ultra sound this afternoon. I REALLY hope Ava cooperates with us today. I'm almost positive this is our last ultrasound to see her before she is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment