Monday, October 4, 2010

25 weeks 2 days


How far along?: 25 weeks 2 days
Weight gained: 11lbs….I have doc appointment tomorrow, so we'll see (eek…kind of nervous because I've developed a sweet tooth lately)
Sleep: Great
Maternity clothes: my favorite store to buy maternity clothes is Target
Movement: She is a VERY active little girl. Ryan felt her for the 1st time Wednesday night while we were laying in bed. He had his hand on my belly & I kept asking him if he felt that, then all of a sudden he did. He immediately took his hand off my belly then looked at me in shock & said that was so weird. Hahaha…I thought it was weird at 1st too, but now I just LOVE it.
Gender: GIRL
Name: is…………Ava Rebecca Nixon. Ryan actually suggested the name Ava & Rebecca is after Ryan's mother.
Belly button in or out?: Still in and applying plenty of lotion to my belly (morning, after work, & evening). My mom didn’t get stretch marks, so I'm banking on the theory that it is hereditary.
What I miss: with all the nice weather we have been having, I really do miss LONG runs. This time last year I would get home from work, strap up Boudreaux and we would go running for 2 to 4 miles. Now the family (Ryan & I plus 2 fur babies) go on evening walks about 3 or 4 times a week. I just want to stay in some sort of shape, Teddy needs to loose weight, Boudreaux is just a crazy lab who needs out of the house, & Ryan is along to keep me company.
Cravings/favorite foods: Sweets! Sweets! Sweets! I have NEVER been a baker, but lately I'll bake muffins in the evening to take to work for breakfast (oh and eat one fresh from the oven).
Milestones: finalized our baby girls name & Ryan feeling her for the 1st time
Best moment this week: Ryan feeling her & getting her furniture in.
Side note from this week: we found out that we are not the only pregnant couple on our street. Oh NO….there are 2 more pregnant couples! ALL 3 of us are having GIRLS & ALL due in January. 1 is due Jan. 4th, I'm due Jan. 15th, & 1 is due Jan 19th………just CRAZY! Other neighbors are joking that April was a busy month on our street. Hahaha!
Looking forward to: Our 1st Baby Shower Saturday Oct. 6th hosted by my college best friends. I can't believe we are at the point of Baby Showers!!! I'm excited, yet nervous just thinking about how much closer we are getting to the arrival of our baby girl. We have 2 other showers planned as well. My work is hosting a shower on Friday October 22nd & my mom is hosting an all Girls Family/LaPorte girlfriends shower Saturday November 13th.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on choosing a name!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute pregnant ... I love your little bump! Her name is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete