Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Year Wrap Up

Ava has completed her 1st year at Ivy Kids Learning Academy. I’m glad we made the switch when we did. Ryan and I have noticed a huge difference in her academically and socially. She has blossomed into an smart, curious, silly, loving girl. This year her highlights by far were learning to potty, giving up her pacy and excelling in swim class from Level 2 to Level 3…well Level 4 (but we had to wait until she actually turned 3 for regulation purposes).

Ryan had 8 year of service at MHI Inc. He was promoted from Project Manage to Production Manager. I swear it’s a love hate relationship with his job. He complains and complains, but is good at what he does and enjoys the perks. So we shall see where his expertise in this field leads him. In 2013 Ryan continued his love for golf. Participating in a few golf tournaments and playing frequently. His other activities included fantasy football & college pick’ems (which he didn’t do too well in).

I have completed my 8 years of service at ConocoPhillips. I’m currently still a Business Improvement Analyst and plan to ride it out until after maternity leave. Then figure out what the heck I want to do. I truly love working for ConocoPhillips. I just need to find a position that fits “my sweet spot” where I have a work/family life balance. Anyhow, onto my other Business endeavor…or lack thereof. Thirty-One Gifts gave me the boot. I was very active in the beginning and enjoyed it very much. A little extra spending money and BAGS, BAGS, BAGS, but that all faded fast when I didn’t have the down time to contribute to a budding business. Plain and simple, I’m too selfish with my time and would rather spend it with family and friends. The highlight of 2013 for me was my selfish trip to Napa. I wanted my last “Hurrah” before preparing my mind and body for another baby.

Lastly, the ultimate highlight of the year was finding out we are expecting. We can’t wait to meet Nathan (Nate) Daniel Nixon in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment